Sunflower seed butter, pistachios, pineapple, and coconut unite to create an easy no-bake granola beauty bar that's whipped up in 10 minutes.
These beauty bars contain lucuma to reduce inflammation with powerful antioxidants, coconut to hydrate and nourish cell membranes, pineapple for disease-fighting vitamin C, and brain-boosting omega-3 fatty acids from sunflower seeds. Besides, they look and taste amazing.
Prep time: 10 minutes; Difficulty: low
Recipe type: Dessert or Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1.5 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried pineapple, cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, rice crisp cereal, pistachios, almonds, coconut, cherries, pineapple, lucuma, and chia seeds.
- In a medium pot over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Remove from heat and stir in the sunflower seed butter and brown rice syrup, until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture over dry and stir well until thoroughly combined. Add a pinch of salt to taste and stir again.
- Spoon mixture into the pan and roughly spread out. Wet hands lightly and then press down the mixture until even. Use a pastry roller to roll it out and pack it in even more.
- Transfer pan to the freezer for about 10 minutes until firm. Slice into bars, wrap, and store in the fridge or freezer.