Peanut Butter Power bites
This is a healthy take on the traditional no bake cookies. So good – and so good for you! I am always asked for this recipe every time I make them. They are a hit with the kids and the adults, and always go quick.
For a real superfood treat, add 1 teaspoon of Spirulina powder and 1 teaspoon Maca root powder to the mix. Spirulina will make the mixture turn slightly green but it provides all essential amino acids your brain needs on a daily basis.
Prep time: 5 minutes; Total time: 60 minutes; Difficulty: low
Recipe type: Dessert or Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 cup Rolled Oats (gluten-free if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons smooth Organic Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 7-8 gooey Medjool Dates
- Dash of Maple syrup
- 1 ounce Peanuts, chopped
- Optional: 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate chips (best if sugar free)
- In a food processor, combine oats and cinnamon. Blend until oats turn into a flour-like consistency. Add in the medjool dates and maple syrup. Blend until a paste forms.
- Add peanut butter and blend until well combined and doughy. Depending on your food processor, you may need to add a couple tablespoons of warm water to reach the desired consistency. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll into 12 balls (about 1 tablespoon of mixture each) and roll in chopped peanuts. Refrigerate for 1 hour.